Spiti Valley offers a wide range of activities and things to do, from adventure sports to cultural exploration. Visitors can go trekking, biking to experience the natural beauty of the valley. They can also visit ancient monasteries, such as the Key Monastery, and learn about the rich culture and history of the region. Visitors can also explore the traditional villages, visit the local markets, and try the delicious local cuisine. There are also many opportunities to take part in the local festivals, which provide an insight into the customs and beliefs of the valley’s inhabitants.
Experience the Best of Spiti Valley: Adventure, Culture and More
- Visit the Tabo Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its intricate murals and frescoes.
- Explore the Key Monastery, another important Buddhist site in the valley.
- Take a trek through the scenic Spiti Valley, known for its rugged mountains and high-altitude deserts.
- Visit the Dhankar Monastery, an ancient fort-monastery perched on a cliff.
- Explore the picturesque village of Kaza, the largest town in the valley and a hub for trekking and tourism.
- Visit the Langza village, known for its unique fossil-rich soil and beautiful views.
- Take a jeep safari to the remote village of Komic, the highest village in Asia with a motorable road.
- Visit the Pin Valley National Park, home to snow leopards, ibex, and other rare wildlife.
- Explore the Chandratal Lake, a pristine high-altitude lake surrounded by majestic mountains.
- Visit the local markets and handicraft shops to buy traditional handicrafts, woolen shawls, and other souvenirs.